Awful, unconscionable things are happening in the world.
You want to take a stand. You want to speak up. You want to be the kind of business leader who isn’t afraid to pick a side and lead from your values. But you’re also terrified. You wonder, “Are politics bad for business? Will speaking my mind kill my brand?”
Join me for an exploration of the question, “Do business and politics mix?” and let’s discuss how conscious business leaders can respond to world events in a way that lines up with their values.
Links & Resources I Mention In This Episode
- Andréa Ranae Johnson’s video on “The Role of Coaches, Healers, Transformative Leaders and Spiritual Teachers in Dismantling + Healing White Supremacy”
- Coaching As Activism
- Desiree Lynn Adaway and Jessica Fish’s program, “Diversity Is An Asset”
- The Selfish Activist’s course for white people, “Authentic Allyship”
- Patti Digh and Victor Lee Lewis’ course, “Hard Conversations: An Introduction to Racism”
- Jordan Flaherty’s book, “No More Heroes: Grassroots Challenges to the Savior Mentality”
- Mark Silver’s post on business + politics
- Southern Poverty Law Center